Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Back To Blogging.

So after a few year hiatus, I am back to blogging. Some of you reading this may know I once had a LiveJournal account, but I’ve since given up on LiveJournal for a number of reasons: 1) I found it tedious to keep up with the whole “LiveJournal community”. 2) I found it too cliquey. 3) Other random reasons.

I've taken the name "Diary of a Dissenter" for a simple reason: I feel disconnected from both mainstream and alternative society. I don't feel like I belong in any particular clique, group or organization. I am disconnected, I dissent. This is not my attempt to be "special"--I often wish I was more in synch with some sort of movement, but I've never found any school of thought that fits me well.

I am not entirely sure how often I’ll post on here, but I’ll take it step by step. Some days/weeks, I suspect I’ll be posting frantically, while at other times, I may drop off the face of the Earth. This corresponds to my own social energy levels.

The majority of my posts will probably rotate around observations on society, politics, etc. Some may be reviews of movies or restaurants, and occasionally books(strangely, though I love reading, I find reviewing books to be both difficult and tiring). I may also talk about my personal life and interpersonal relations with my friends/family/etc, but I don’t think that’ll be the emphasis of this blog.

This is a public journal, so I don’t mind people linking my posts to their own blogs or sending it to others or what have you, if they wish. I am not planning on making my family aware of this journal, however, so please don’t email them with: Look what Ajit just wrote!

For the most part, if referring to friends, I’ll use their first name(and sometimes their last, if I am hyping something they did), except for my lovely girlfriend who will only be known as “HB” to protect her identity. If you’re a friend and don’t want to be mentioned by name, let me know and I’ll give you a secret identity!

Finally, I don’t mind if people comment. I don’t expect comments, however, and I will probably only respond to the rare one(when I feel the need). If you write inane comments, I will promptly delete them, unless you’re a friend, in which case I’ll just smack you upside the head…or laugh, whichever seems more appropriate.

1 comment:

Moab said...

Woo-hoo! Look what Aji wrote!

=)

First comment!